- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Year established: 1979
Product or service offered: Retirement Community
Number of employees: 200
Location: 3120 Independence
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Lynn Spriggs, chief executive officer: The Chateau's vision is to continue to be the premier and progressive regional leader in the provision of innovative, senior independent living and housing with high quality health care and wellness services in this region and beyond.
Who are some of the people, either historical or living, who have influenced your business philosophy, and how have they done so?
LS: In the 1970s our founding members from The First Presbyterian Church recognized a need for a retirement community. With a vision and passion, they pursued the feasibility studies, land, funding source and certification needed to break ground and build The Chateau. This innovative foresight is still our core philosophy.
Give us an example or two of an idea that came to fruition in the last couple of years, and how has that helped your consumers or clients?
LS: We just completed an extensive construction and renovation of our facilities, programs and amenities. This transformation has strategically positioned us to enhance the way we deliver our services through technology, space and programming to meet the needs of our residents, staff and the baby boomer generation that is upon us.
Does your business have a mission statement? What is it?
LS: Cape Retirement Community, Inc. ministers to area seniors' needs as a premier provider of housing, health care and wellness that reflects our Christian values.
How do you encourage teamwork at your place of work?
LS: It is our overall goal to foster an environment that encourages teamwork in all areas of our organization. A team approach that rewards ideas, collaboration and mutual respect among each other while promoting honesty, integrity and Positive caring attitudes. Our strength is our team of Residents and Staff.