- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
First Auto Credit & The Consignment Center
Product or service offered: Automobile sales and consignment on autos and recreational vehicles
Number of employees: 15
Owners: Kenny Seabaugh and David Kinder
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
David: For 2012 the used vehicle market and consignment business looks very bright. More people are buying good used vehicles instead of new vehicles because there is really good value in a used vehicle compared to new. The need for consignment is also growing. There are a lot of unknowns associated with selling things on your own. We help consumers sell and avoid the hassles and pitfalls of "for sale by owner" transactions.
Give us an example or two of an idea that came to fruition in the last couple of years, and how has that helped your consumers or clients?
Kenny: The Consignment Center was started to help people sell their automobiles and recreational vehicles. We saw the need because people did not like the hassles of the paperwork process and the unknown risks in selling to people they do not know. We take care of the sale process for our clients and give them peace of mind.
How has technology changed your business in recent years? Was it difficult to adapt to the changing technology?
David and Kenny: Technology has had a huge influence on the success of our business. We sell vehicles to customers from all over the United States and Canada. Technology gives us the availability of thousands of vehicles to choose from on a weekly basis.