- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Year established: 1903
Product or service offered: Montgomery Bank offers a full range of financial services, personal and commercial banking, mortgage services, custom wealth management, and 24-hour ATMs.
Number of employees: 250
Location: Sikeston, Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Chaffee, Dexter and St. Louis
Owner: Mr. Joel Montgomery, Sr.
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Kent Puchbauer, community bank president: Overall we are seeing signs that the local economy is gradually improving. Cape Girardeau is a good, stable place to be in the banking business. People here are conservative and work hard. We are predicting continued growth for our bank this year.
Does your business have a mission statement? What is it?
KP: To be our region's premier provider of value-added financial services to people, businesses, and organizations by meeting individualized needs and exceeding customer expectations. We are dedicated to the operation of the company on a sound financial basis of profitable growth, leadership development and management of change.
What role does your business play in the betterment of the community?
KP: Our team members are active throughout the community. We actively support the SEMO Food Bank, Discovery Playhouse, and the United Way, to name a few. The most significant impact we make is by partnering with thousands of local businesses and individuals who have entrusted us with their banking needs.
Tell us about one or two businesses, colleagues or organizations you work with in the community, and how you have helped one another.
KP: We have partnered with customers who have invested millions of dollars into our community. These investments produce manufacturing facilities, purchase farmland, produce crops and livestock, build residential housing, and help individuals realize the dream of owning their first home or business. These investments also help bring jobs to our community.
How has technology changed your business in recent years? Was it difficult to adapt to the changing technology?
KP: Our business, like so many others, has been completely transformed by the revolution in new technology. With the rise of technology, integrity and security also become more important each year. We invest heavily in capital and manpower to protect our customers' funds and confidential information.