- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Tire Center
Year established: 1980
Product or service offered: Tire and automotive service
Number of employees: 12
Location: Jackson, Mo.
Owners: Charles and Donna Glueck
Describe your business/occupation in exactly five words.: convenient, competitive, friendly automotive service
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Charles Glueck, owner: In the tire business, 2011 was another roller coaster ride. Tire prices continued to spiral upward just as they had in 2010. According to the Modern Tire Dealer Magazine, raw material costs increased an average of 26.6 percent in 2011. However, as we moved toward the end of the year, prices did stabilize and reports are that prices should level out for 2012. Additionally, when gas prices exceed $4 a gallon, like they did last April, that also has a major effect on business.
Does your business have a mission statement? What is it?
CG: Cars continue to be the second-most expensive purchase most people make and will spend 15 percent of their income for car ownership and operating expenses. At Jackson Tire Center and Jackson Fast Lube, our mission is to provide the kind of service that ensures our customers will get the most mileage out of their vehicle. In 2012 we are introducing "Drive Thru Tire Service." We understand the busy schedules of sports moms and busy work schedules. Our "Drive Thru Tire Service" will be very convenient and user friendly.
What are some lessons that you learned at a young age that still apply in your business philosophy today?
CG: Customer service is still number one, followed by competitive prices and name brand products. People still buy from people. Our store manager, Eric Cathcart, and his crew work hard every day to continue that customer service philosophy.