- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce
Product or service offered: Business and community Service
Number of employees: 2
Location: 125 E Main Street, Jackson, Mo
Owner(s): Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce members
Describe your business/occupation in exactly five words.: Enhancing Communites and expanding business
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Brian S. Gerau, executive director: The JACoC is dedicated to assist our Chamber members expand and enhance their businesses through networking, referrals, business programs and free seminars. JACoC wants to be the "go-to" organization if a business needs assistance.
Who are some of the people, either historical or living, who have influenced your business philosophy, and how have they done so?
BG: Ronald Reagan is a huge influence on my business and communication philosophy. He was the "great communicator", was pro-business, and had a way of making everyone, even his detractors, feel comfortable around him. He was able to bring downs walls that the world thought were unbreakable.
Give us an example or two of an idea that came to fruition in the last couple of years, and how has that helped your consumers or clients?
BG: The JACoC started a Thursday email blast to all chamber members that markets and promotes events, sales and promotions of area Chamber members. This blast is delivered to over a thousand email addresses and creates awareness for that business. The best part of the program is that it is free for Chamber members. We have had a great return on this program.