- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Audiology Associates Balance and Hearing Center
Year Established: 1997
Services: Audiology Services, Hearing & Balance Care, Hearing Aids and Accessories
Number of employees: 6
Location: 2917 Independence, Cape with satellite in Poplar Bluff
Owner: Linda Hurt, AuD
What is your vision for your practice in 2012?
The vision has always been to focus on providing the very best services and solutions for people not only with hearing challenges, but also with the many balance issues that can arise within the delicate mechanisms of the ear. With the addition of Dr. Sarah Hickey, a second audiologist to our staff, our mission is to extend these services to a greater number of patients in the southeast Missouri region.
How will you accomplish that in the coming year?
With two audiologists and 39 years combined experience, we are able to travel to Poplar Bluff twice weekly. We are also planning a hearing event there this spring to screen for hearing and balance concerns. Of course, one of us is always available in our Cape office to provide care to patients.
What is the most rewarding part of your work?
As Doctors of Audiology, we both agree that the reward is in helping people from newborns to geriatric patients overcome life-altering hearing & balance disorders, With today's diagnostic and hearing aid technology, helping someone obtain the best possible quality of life is not only our reward--it is our purpose.