- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ratliff Care Center, LLC
Year established: 1962
Product or service offered: 24 Hr. Nursing care & Rehab, Social, Dietary & Activity Services
Number of employees: 61
Location: 717 N. Sprigg Cape Girardeau, MO
Owner(s): Carlos E. & Emmegene Ratliff
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Sheila Jones, administrative assistant: Our vision for 2012 is to continue to provide the highest quality nursing & rehabilitation services. We accomplish this by employing caring, competent staff who are dedicated to long-term care. Since a home-like atmosphere is important to us, our facility will be enhanced with new color schemes and furnishings during 2012.
Who are some of the people, either historical or living, who have influenced your business philosophy, and how have they done so?
SJ: Florance Nightengale's contribution to the nursing profession is well documented. Ratliff Care Center understands the importance of environmental factors such as cleanliness, air quality and lighting. We have always strived to, as Nightengale would say,"put the patient in the best condition for nature to act upon him."
How do you encourage teamwork at your place of work?
SJ: We have a reputation of being a place where our seniors can come and have peace of mind while needing long term care. We appreciate that some of our clinetele who choose us today are the sons and daughters of those who chose us yesterday.