- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Professional Fashion Uniforms
Year established: 1982
Product or service offered: Scrubs, lab coats, work shoes
Number of employees: 4
Location: 46 South Plaza Way, Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Owner: Barb Whitlock
Describe your business/occupation in exactly five words.: Scrubs, lab coats, work shoes
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Barb Whitlock, owner: To carry the latest and most stylish scrubs between St. Louis and Memphis and continue expanding new lines like the Alegria shoe line. My mother, Geraldine Stone, opened P.F.U. 30 years ago. Since day one, Professional Fashion Uniforms has consistently brought the latest medical uniform styles to this area, always listening to our customers about the need for comfort and delivering on those requests. Bringing in the Alegria line is just one example of delivering on customer requests.
Give us an example or two of an idea that came to fruition in the last couple of years, and how has that helped your consumers or clients?
BW: We added approximately 1,000 square feet to our store and expanded our men's department to include a large selection of lab coats.
What role does your business play in the betterment of the community?
BW: We provide the health care worker with the latest in medical equipment, scrubs and lab coats. We also provide a payroll deduction plan through the medical centers for the purchase of these uniforms.