- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Metro Business College
Year established: 1981
Product or service offered: Education
Number of employees: 19
Location: 1732 North Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo
Owner(s): George Holske
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Jan Reimann, director: We will continue to meet or exceed our commitment in staying abreast of the rapid changes in business and medical while maintaining program curricula that benefits not only the area employers but the student as well.
Does your business have a mission statement? What is it?
JR: Metro Business College (MBC) is dedicated to the personal and educational development of each of its students. As an educational and training institution, MBC is concerned not only with the education in specialized training programs, but also with their personal development. We endeavor to prepare men and women to meet career demands and to develop within them a sense of responsibility to their families, employers, community, and themselves.
What role does your business play in the betterment of the community?
JR: Our programs are designed to provide students with skills that are marketable in today's world. We will continually strive to stay attuned to the business and medical community so that we can give them competent and confident individuals whose skills match their needs.