- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Laurie Ellen Holman, 55, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Feb. 17, 2012, at her home.
She was born June 21, 1956, in Detroit, to R.L. and Philomena Bowen Holman.
Laurie was a member of VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
Survivors include two daughters, Heather Holman-Rollet of Garden City, Mich., and Carrie (Dennis) Austin of Lapeer, Mich.; two brothers, Jon Holman of Cape Girardeau and Robert Holman of Elk City, Okla.; three sisters, Mary C. Holifield of Florida, Eileen B. Holman of Jackson and Heather Holman-Coon of Phoenix; two grandsons, Jeffery D. Holman and Julian Austin of Lapeer; a granddaughter, Piper Austin of Lapeer; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Suzanne Gum.
Friends may gather from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer as celebrant.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.