- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Socialism vs. freedom
Why are we talking about contraceptives? Why do we have federal agents in grade school lunch rooms? Because our federal government and this administration has overstepped mightily.
Surely with all the turmoil in the world, with our debt exploding, with our entitlements going broke, with terrorists on our border, with unemployment still a major problem, there is enough to keep the Obama administration busy. But no, this administration wants to dictate what happens in our bedrooms and our lunch rooms. And they want the 50 percent of citizens who pay taxes to foot the bill.
The federal government has no business in our health care or in our lunchrooms. Nobody is going to take your contraceptives away. I just don't want to pay for them. And as far as school lunches are concerned, surely local districts can decide what to serve. I hope everyone realizes how serious this next election is. We will either continue down this socialist mindset or stop it in its tracks. Socialism does not work with freedom.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau