- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Socialism vs. freedom
Why are we talking about contraceptives? Why do we have federal agents in grade school lunch rooms? Because our federal government and this administration has overstepped mightily.
Surely with all the turmoil in the world, with our debt exploding, with our entitlements going broke, with terrorists on our border, with unemployment still a major problem, there is enough to keep the Obama administration busy. But no, this administration wants to dictate what happens in our bedrooms and our lunch rooms. And they want the 50 percent of citizens who pay taxes to foot the bill.
The federal government has no business in our health care or in our lunchrooms. Nobody is going to take your contraceptives away. I just don't want to pay for them. And as far as school lunches are concerned, surely local districts can decide what to serve. I hope everyone realizes how serious this next election is. We will either continue down this socialist mindset or stop it in its tracks. Socialism does not work with freedom.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau