- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Socialism vs. freedom
Why are we talking about contraceptives? Why do we have federal agents in grade school lunch rooms? Because our federal government and this administration has overstepped mightily.
Surely with all the turmoil in the world, with our debt exploding, with our entitlements going broke, with terrorists on our border, with unemployment still a major problem, there is enough to keep the Obama administration busy. But no, this administration wants to dictate what happens in our bedrooms and our lunch rooms. And they want the 50 percent of citizens who pay taxes to foot the bill.
The federal government has no business in our health care or in our lunchrooms. Nobody is going to take your contraceptives away. I just don't want to pay for them. And as far as school lunches are concerned, surely local districts can decide what to serve. I hope everyone realizes how serious this next election is. We will either continue down this socialist mindset or stop it in its tracks. Socialism does not work with freedom.
LINDA REUTZEL, Cape Girardeau