- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Boy Scouts collect canned goods
Scott City Boy Scouts received five to six thousand items for their Scouting for Food collection in November. Pastor Larry Rouse, pictured, of Scott City First General Baptist Church, prepares boxes to be used to pack canned goods as they are brought to the food pantry. The project gives the pantry much needed boost to keep operational. The items are used to distribute to the hundreds of families per month who are in need.
St. Joseph Council provides treats to villa residents
St. Joseph Council of Catholic Women of St. Joseph Church of Scott City provide monthly treats and Christmas gifts for the residents of Sunshine Villa of Scott City. Adam Dees, left, Sharon Lingle and Dorothy Dees delivered and distributed the gifts and served refreshments to the 16 residents Dec. 24.
McDonald's donates to Prodigy Academy
The Prodigy Leadership Academy has received a grant for $3,497.98 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to update technology at the school. The students will use the MacBooks and cameras to further their knowledge of communicating. Cheryl Farrow, left, of Ronald McDonald House Charities and McDonald's hands over the check to Russell Grammer, Prodigy Leadership Academy. On the right is Kathy Forrest, of Ronald McDonald House Charities and McDonald's.