- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Ella Jane Abernathy Pry, 99, of Bloomfield died Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2012, at her home.
She was born Nov. 30, 1912, in the Ardeola community in Stoddard County, daughter of Jerome and Lizzie Summers Abernathy. She and Prentice Pry were married May 16, 1931, at Dexter, Mo. He preceded her in death March 18, 1995.
Mrs. Pry had lived in the Bloomfield area most of her life. She attended Bell City United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Velva Latham of Cape Girardeau, Melba Hancock of Puxico, Mo.; four sons, Dean and Dewey Pry of Dexter, Dr. Harry Pry of Cape Girardeau, James Pry of Kennett, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery near Bloomfield.
Memorials may be made to Oak Ridge Cemetery, c/o Oma Cagle, 27638 County Road 223, Advance, MO 63730.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.