- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Edward E. Flowers, 82, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Portageville, Mo., died Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012, at Landmark Hospital.
He was born March 29, 1929, in Center Ridge, Ark., son of Arlie and Lona Bartlett Flowers. He and Nora Ann Robinson were married July 15, 1950, in Sikeston, Mo.
Flowers was a former member of First Church of God Church in Portageville and founder of the Church of God Men's breakfast group. He retired from Bill Hayes Ford Motor Co. in Portageville.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Nora Ann Flowers of Cape Girardeau; a son, Greg Flowers of Scottsdale, Ariz.; a daughter, Pamela Flowers (John) Welter of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, Debbie and Tim; two stepgrandchildren, Trevor and Samantha; and three great-grandchildren, Alex, Kailen and Freya.
Visitation will be after 6 p.m. today at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Church of God, with the Revs. Bob Kespelher and Jeremy Clayton officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery at Sikeston.
Please send condolences to the family online at delislefuneralhome.net.