- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Audrey Lorene McIntire, 89, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012, at the home of a daughter in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Dec. 28, 1922, near Leora, Mo., in Stoddard County, daughter of James C. and Mary Lee Ona Hill Grim. She and Curtis Edwin McIntire were married June 27, 1942, in Cape Girardeau. He passed away June 6, 2004.
Audrey worked many years at Southeast Hospital. She was a member of Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church, and volunteered at the hospital.
Loving survivors include three daughters, Mary Ann McGuire of Centralia, Ill., Nancy Skinner of Tucson, Ariz., Betty Jo Rievley of Chaffee; two sons, Larry McIntire of Scott City, Michael Leroy McIntire of Staunton, Va.; 10 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and a half sister, Glenda Sue Farris of Cape Girardeau.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a brother, Orville Grim; a half sister, Sue Janna Stephens; a grandson; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Debbie Arvelo officiating. Interment will be in Hobbs Chapel Cemetery.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Hobbs Chapel.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.