- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau man charged with statutory rape pleads guilty, gets four years in prison
A Cape Girardeau man charged with statutory rape pleaded guilty and received four years in prison Tuesday.
Mark A. Musselman Jr., 27, was arrested Nov. 14 after allegedly having sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl in February 2011, according to police. The girl does not live in Cape Girardeau but was visiting when the sexual contact is reported to have occurred.
Police said the delay between the incident being reported and Musselman's arrest was because police were unable to find him.
Musselman was charged with first-degree statutory rape and first-degree statutory sodomy. On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to an amended statutory rape charge. Judge Benjamin Lewis sentenced him to four years in prison.
100 Court St., Jackson, Mo.