- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Department of Revenue offers tax filing tips
The Missouri Department of Revenue has several tips for improving the processing, speed and accuracy of submitted tax returns.
The first suggestion is to file electronically. Electronic forms are available at http://dor.mo.gov/forms/. The forms can be printed out and mailed in.
Another suggestion is to ask questions. Missourians can call 573-751-3505 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays or email the department at email@example.com. Frequently asked questions can be found at www.dor.mo.gov.
Questions can also be answered in person. Contact information and addresses for Missouri tax assistance centers can be found at dor.mo.gov/contact/assistance.php.
This year's tax filing deadline is April 17 because the traditional date, April 15, falls on a Sunday.