- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Truck jumps curb, dangles from tree
CRESTWOOD, Mo. -- The driver of a sweeper truck is recovering after a bizarre accident in St. Louis County left him dangling from a tree on a bluff over Interstate 44 for about an hour.
The accident happened around 3:45 a.m. Wednesday when the man was cleaning the Sam's Club parking lot in Crestwood. The driver told authorities that the accelerator stuck and the truck raced out of control, jumping a curb and guardrail and landing sideways in a tree, some 20 feet above an entrance ramp onto the interstate.
Mehlville firefighters helped stabilize the truck with cables while rescuers got the man out. He was taken to a hospital with leg pain but apparently escaped serious injury. His name was not released.