- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Some say homeless being dropped off in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS - Concerns are being raised in St. Louis that surrounding towns and counties are bringing homeless people downtown and dropping them off.
The Rev. Chris Rice of the New Life Evangelistic Center told KMOX Radio (http://cbsloc.al/xnyyKh) that vans will pull up near his center that serves the homeless and he'll see police officers take handcuffs off men and drop them off. Rice says downtown St. Louis is becoming filled with homeless that he believes should be served by surrounding governments and churches.
St. Louis' Human Services director Bill Siedhoff says he has asked surrounding towns to stop dropping off homeless people downtown. But Siedhoff says that so far, the complaints have fallen on deaf ears.