- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
McDonalds Donates To Prodigy Leadership Academy
The Prodigy Leadership Academy has received a grant for $3497.98 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to update technology at the school. The students will use the MacBooks and cameras to further their knowledge of communicating in today's world.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and socail well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter awarded over $260,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2011.