- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)16
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Jamie Jones is KFVS-12's Heartland Hero!
Jefferson Elementary Parent Liaison Jamie Jones will be featured tonight at 6 p.m. on KFVS-12's "Heartland Heroes" program. Jones said a KFVS film crew arrived at Jefferson Thursday morning and Principal Mark Cook called a school assembly. "I assumed they were here to interview Mark about his retirement. To my absolute surprise, they were here to award me the Heartland Hero Award! I was truly surprised and honored." Several staff members at Jefferson nominated Jones for the award.
"Jefferson is a wonderful school and the staff is awesome. We are truly a family. I am so excited and honored to have been thought of for this award. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to be able to be at Jefferson and to serve our children, families and community," Jones said. She is pictured above at the award ceremony with her daughter, Christiana, and her grandchildren Timothy and Aubree.