- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)92
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Jamie Jones is KFVS-12's Heartland Hero!
Jefferson Elementary Parent Liaison Jamie Jones will be featured tonight at 6 p.m. on KFVS-12's "Heartland Heroes" program. Jones said a KFVS film crew arrived at Jefferson Thursday morning and Principal Mark Cook called a school assembly. "I assumed they were here to interview Mark about his retirement. To my absolute surprise, they were here to award me the Heartland Hero Award! I was truly surprised and honored." Several staff members at Jefferson nominated Jones for the award.
"Jefferson is a wonderful school and the staff is awesome. We are truly a family. I am so excited and honored to have been thought of for this award. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to be able to be at Jefferson and to serve our children, families and community," Jones said. She is pictured above at the award ceremony with her daughter, Christiana, and her grandchildren Timothy and Aubree.