- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Jamie Jones is KFVS-12's Heartland Hero!
Jefferson Elementary Parent Liaison Jamie Jones will be featured tonight at 6 p.m. on KFVS-12's "Heartland Heroes" program. Jones said a KFVS film crew arrived at Jefferson Thursday morning and Principal Mark Cook called a school assembly. "I assumed they were here to interview Mark about his retirement. To my absolute surprise, they were here to award me the Heartland Hero Award! I was truly surprised and honored." Several staff members at Jefferson nominated Jones for the award.
"Jefferson is a wonderful school and the staff is awesome. We are truly a family. I am so excited and honored to have been thought of for this award. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to be able to be at Jefferson and to serve our children, families and community," Jones said. She is pictured above at the award ceremony with her daughter, Christiana, and her grandchildren Timothy and Aubree.