- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
Perryville FFA to host breakfast
The Perryville chapter of Future Farmers of America (FFA) will host its annual pancake breakfast later this month and proceeds will benefit two students facing medical challenges.
The FFA Pancake Breakfast will be held from 6-11 am Saturday, Feb. 25 in the Ag Building at the Perryville Area Career and Technology Center on the campus of Perry County School District 32. All community members are invited to attend.
"We're asking for free will donations to benefit Perryville High School students Zack Lukehar and Crystal Bartoe," said FFA secretary Grant Voelker.
"Zack was seriously hurt in an ATV accident. He's a sophomore, and he's doing a little better. Crystal is a sophomore who is suffering from cancer."
FFA reporter Marisa Bachmann said that the group always donates its pancake breakfast earnings.
"We want to help someone in the community," she said, "so we always select someone who needs help."
The breakfast is sponsored by John and Donna Telle, Gilster Mary-Lee, Hoff Brothers, Perry County Pork Producers and Farm Fresh.
The breakfast is part of the annual FFA Week celebration, which is Feb. 18-25 this year. The students prepare and served the meal.
"If you haven't attended the breakfast before, you should try it because it's free except for your donation, which will help two kids," Voelker said.
"And we're really good cooks," Bachmann added.
Perryville FFA has about 100 members in 2012. Officers are president Brock Miesner, vice president Bridget Schumer, secretary Grant Voelker, treasurer Levi Bachmann, reporter Marisa Bachmann, sentinel Sam Clifton, parliamentarian Alex Roth, historian Kaylie Winschel and chaplin Reagan Hyde. Advisors are Will Allison and Tom Hulshof.