- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
McDonalds Donates to Oak Ridge Elementary
Oak Ridge Elementary has recieved a grant for $3000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase books to increase socail studies literacy among its students. Balanced level reader books allow for varying reading levels among students and help develop higher critical thinking skills.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and social well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter awarded over $260,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2011.