- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)2
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
McDonalds Donates to Oak Ridge Elementary
Oak Ridge Elementary has recieved a grant for $3000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase books to increase socail studies literacy among its students. Balanced level reader books allow for varying reading levels among students and help develop higher critical thinking skills.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and social well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter awarded over $260,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2011.