- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
McDonalds Donates to Oak Ridge Elementary
Oak Ridge Elementary has recieved a grant for $3000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase books to increase socail studies literacy among its students. Balanced level reader books allow for varying reading levels among students and help develop higher critical thinking skills.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and social well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter awarded over $260,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2011.