- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
McDonalds Donates to Oak Ridge Elementary
Oak Ridge Elementary has recieved a grant for $3000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase books to increase socail studies literacy among its students. Balanced level reader books allow for varying reading levels among students and help develop higher critical thinking skills.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and social well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter awarded over $260,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2011.