- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Boys and Girls Club closed today; night activities called off
The Cape Girardeau Boys and Girls Club will be closed today due to winter weather.
The club sent out the message using the Southeast Missourian text alerts service this morning.
Alma Schrader also sent an alert saying choir would be canceled tonight. The Scott City school district canceled after-school activities. Prodigy Leadership Academy announced via text that its PTO meeting would be canceled.
And the Leopold school district reported it would close at noon.
Southeast Missouri is under a winter weather advisory until 6 a.m. Tuesday. The National Weather Service expects snow to fall over the Southeast Missouri area starting this afternoon, turning into sleet or freezing rain tonight, with a low of 31 degrees.
For more weather info go to the semissourian.com weather page.