- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Result of annexation vote
Congratulations to the Jackson attorney and his lovely wife, our state representative, the members of the St. Paul Church and the others for your work to win the election and defeat Jackson's will to expand to the north and add to its tax base.
This vote will stop zoning of the quarry by Jackson. As you know we do not like zoning in the county and Fruitland.
This vote will ensure the safety of all young drivers attending the high school to keep all trucks off their road.
This vote will also stop the quarry from huge blasts that could make the high school fall down.
This vote will also clean and clear Hubble Creek. No more muddy water after a heavy rain.
This vote will stop land owners or discourage anyone who would like to become a part of Jackson.
This vote also threatens the city government by the gang of lawyers not to proceed with any annexation in any way.
Ken and gang, you won the battle, but will you win the war?
Of the 9,895 registered voters in the city of Jackson you got 843 votes.
Former member of St. Paul,
DON KUNTZE, Jackson