- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Result of annexation vote
Congratulations to the Jackson attorney and his lovely wife, our state representative, the members of the St. Paul Church and the others for your work to win the election and defeat Jackson's will to expand to the north and add to its tax base.
This vote will stop zoning of the quarry by Jackson. As you know we do not like zoning in the county and Fruitland.
This vote will ensure the safety of all young drivers attending the high school to keep all trucks off their road.
This vote will also stop the quarry from huge blasts that could make the high school fall down.
This vote will also clean and clear Hubble Creek. No more muddy water after a heavy rain.
This vote will stop land owners or discourage anyone who would like to become a part of Jackson.
This vote also threatens the city government by the gang of lawyers not to proceed with any annexation in any way.
Ken and gang, you won the battle, but will you win the war?
Of the 9,895 registered voters in the city of Jackson you got 843 votes.
Former member of St. Paul,
DON KUNTZE, Jackson