- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Result of annexation vote
Congratulations to the Jackson attorney and his lovely wife, our state representative, the members of the St. Paul Church and the others for your work to win the election and defeat Jackson's will to expand to the north and add to its tax base.
This vote will stop zoning of the quarry by Jackson. As you know we do not like zoning in the county and Fruitland.
This vote will ensure the safety of all young drivers attending the high school to keep all trucks off their road.
This vote will also stop the quarry from huge blasts that could make the high school fall down.
This vote will also clean and clear Hubble Creek. No more muddy water after a heavy rain.
This vote will stop land owners or discourage anyone who would like to become a part of Jackson.
This vote also threatens the city government by the gang of lawyers not to proceed with any annexation in any way.
Ken and gang, you won the battle, but will you win the war?
Of the 9,895 registered voters in the city of Jackson you got 843 votes.
Former member of St. Paul,
DON KUNTZE, Jackson