- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Son to Michael Gene and Alicia Renea Vandeven of Leopold, Mo., Southeast Hospital, 1:42 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012. Name, Hunter Michael. Weight, 8 pounds, 7 ounces. Second child, first son. Mrs. Vandeven is the former Alicia Halter, daughter of Mary and Gary Meyer of Leopold and Michael Halter of Cape Girardeau. Mr. and Mrs. Vandeven are owners of Beussink Transmission and Repair LLC. He is the son of Randy Mayfield of Sedgewickville, Mo., and the late Carol Mayfield.
Daughter to Joel James and Nicole Marie Schmit of Whitewater, Southeast Hospital, 7:07 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012. Name, McKenzie Jo. Weight, 6 pounds, 10 ounces. Mrs. Schmit is the daughter of Rhonda Good and William Good of Zimmerman, Minn. She is employed at Jackson Dental. Schmit is the son of Paula Schmit of Garrison, Minn. He is employed by the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.