- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Essex man arrested on molestation charges
SIKESTON, Mo. -- An Essex, Mo., man was arrested after a child reported she was "inappropriately touched" by him.
Scott County Prosecutor Paul Boyd charged Danny Keith Foushee, 57, with first degree child molestation for the December incident. His bond is set at $100,000 through the Scott County Associate Circuit Court.
According to a news release from the Sikeston Department of Public Safety, on Jan. 19 officers were called to a local school where the Missouri Children's Division was investigating an allegation of an 11-year-old girl who said she was inappropriately touched by the man while he was visiting a family member in December.
Information gathered from a forensic interview and the police investigation led to detectives speaking with Foushee on Jan. 30. He was subsequently arrested.