- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)14
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 2/9/12
Thank you to the nice lady who paid for my groceries at Schnucks on the afternoon of Jan. 31. I had read before in Speak Out of something like this happening, but I never once thought it would happen to me. I will one day pay it forward. Thank you once again, and may God bless you.
Save post office
USE a stamp, save a post office.
I listened to President Obama recently. I will say he is a good and convincing speaker. He has been a good speaker for the last three years that he has been president. With a few exceptions, he has not delivered on his promises and speeches. For three years he has made promises but few deliveries.
THE Cape Girardeau city government is going to have to do something about the deal that certain weights have to be on lanes for the stoplights to change. We had a motorcycle that held up traffic for five stop lights. He finally had to turn around and go the other way, and he almost got hit. They've got to do something. It's not recognizing the weight.
I have some Republican friends who argue that only the rich people create jobs. However, we have more millionaires and billionaires than ever before, so where are the jobs? Look at the companies that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs started, and they certainly weren't wealthy at the start. Jobs are created by people with good ideas who then become wealthy.
PRESIDENT Obama has been a record-breaking president. Since he took office we have experienced record high government spending, record-high deficits and record-high public debt. In 2011, we experienced record-high gas prices, record-high food prices and record-low home sales. The average age of a car on the road is now at a record high. The number of teenagers employed is at a record low. President Obama continues to break records every day. Unfortunately, they are all bad records.
ARE there really enough deer in the city that they need to be killed? Maybe the complainers are seeing the same deer over and over.
MEMBERS of the Cape Roadrunners enjoy running after work. Some people run early in the morning before work. Now, if we get a deer hunting group in the city of Cape Girardeau and we're running down the sidewalk, do we need to wear hunter orange gloves and hats so everybody will know we're people and not deer? I'd hate for one of those hunters to try and shoot me with an arrow. But then, I don't run near as fast as deer anyway.
PRESIDENT Obama has done more in three years than Bush did in eight years with his Republican members of Congress. His economy is coming back slowly, but that is the only way it could after Bush destroyed it.