- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
CJHS Cheerleaders continue their winning ways
Bringing home trophies is one of the many routines at which Cape Central Junior High School Cheerleaders excel. At this year's Jamfest National Competition in Nashville, TN, last month, the team walked away with the 2nd place trophy in their division. Last year the team finished fourth, only three-quarters of a point out of first-place.
Pictured above, front row, are Team Captains Hanna Borders and Bella Sander. Middle row: Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Lexi Runnels, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Anna Margetta (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Riley Knight, and Jayden Marra. Back row: Brynna Bockhorst (mascot), Madison Dush, Caroline Rollins, Madilyn Dunn, Caitlyn Dumey, Alicia Barber, Taylor Clifton, Conner Propst, Kameelah England, KeiAirian Umfleet, Alexus Walker and Andrea Reibeling. Team coaches are Laura Gunn and Jessica Grandcolas.