- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)26
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
CJHS Cheerleaders continue their winning ways
Bringing home trophies is one of the many routines at which Cape Central Junior High School Cheerleaders excel. At this year's Jamfest National Competition in Nashville, TN, last month, the team walked away with the 2nd place trophy in their division. Last year the team finished fourth, only three-quarters of a point out of first-place.
Pictured above, front row, are Team Captains Hanna Borders and Bella Sander. Middle row: Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Lexi Runnels, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Anna Margetta (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Riley Knight, and Jayden Marra. Back row: Brynna Bockhorst (mascot), Madison Dush, Caroline Rollins, Madilyn Dunn, Caitlyn Dumey, Alicia Barber, Taylor Clifton, Conner Propst, Kameelah England, KeiAirian Umfleet, Alexus Walker and Andrea Reibeling. Team coaches are Laura Gunn and Jessica Grandcolas.