- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
CJHS Cheerleaders continue their winning ways
Bringing home trophies is one of the many routines at which Cape Central Junior High School Cheerleaders excel. At this year's Jamfest National Competition in Nashville, TN, last month, the team walked away with the 2nd place trophy in their division. Last year the team finished fourth, only three-quarters of a point out of first-place.
Pictured above, front row, are Team Captains Hanna Borders and Bella Sander. Middle row: Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Lexi Runnels, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Anna Margetta (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Riley Knight, and Jayden Marra. Back row: Brynna Bockhorst (mascot), Madison Dush, Caroline Rollins, Madilyn Dunn, Caitlyn Dumey, Alicia Barber, Taylor Clifton, Conner Propst, Kameelah England, KeiAirian Umfleet, Alexus Walker and Andrea Reibeling. Team coaches are Laura Gunn and Jessica Grandcolas.