- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
CJHS Cheerleaders continue their winning ways
Bringing home trophies is one of the many routines at which Cape Central Junior High School Cheerleaders excel. At this year's Jamfest National Competition in Nashville, TN, last month, the team walked away with the 2nd place trophy in their division. Last year the team finished fourth, only three-quarters of a point out of first-place.
Pictured above, front row, are Team Captains Hanna Borders and Bella Sander. Middle row: Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Lexi Runnels, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Anna Margetta (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Riley Knight, and Jayden Marra. Back row: Brynna Bockhorst (mascot), Madison Dush, Caroline Rollins, Madilyn Dunn, Caitlyn Dumey, Alicia Barber, Taylor Clifton, Conner Propst, Kameelah England, KeiAirian Umfleet, Alexus Walker and Andrea Reibeling. Team coaches are Laura Gunn and Jessica Grandcolas.