- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
CJHS Cheerleaders continue their winning ways
Bringing home trophies is one of the many routines at which Cape Central Junior High School Cheerleaders excel. At this year's Jamfest National Competition in Nashville, TN, last month, the team walked away with the 2nd place trophy in their division. Last year the team finished fourth, only three-quarters of a point out of first-place.
Pictured above, front row, are Team Captains Hanna Borders and Bella Sander. Middle row: Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Lexi Runnels, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Anna Margetta (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Riley Knight, and Jayden Marra. Back row: Brynna Bockhorst (mascot), Madison Dush, Caroline Rollins, Madilyn Dunn, Caitlyn Dumey, Alicia Barber, Taylor Clifton, Conner Propst, Kameelah England, KeiAirian Umfleet, Alexus Walker and Andrea Reibeling. Team coaches are Laura Gunn and Jessica Grandcolas.