- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Speak Out 2/5/12
ON Jan. 23 our country recognized the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade which legalized abortion. Approximately 500,000 people marched in protest of this court decision on the streets of Washington, D.C. Not one major news network covered this event. Thanks to the EWTN network we were able to observe this monumental event. This is the largest human rights event that our country has ever seen, yet there is still no coverage. We as Americans need to respect the freedom of choice of all Americans, including those who cannot speak for themselves -- the unborn. They would choose to live. Who is going to stand up for the defenseless? Who is going to be next, the elderly and helpless?
WHY do they call Social Security and Medicare entitlement programs? I paid into both of these programs. The entitlement programs are food stamps, aid to dependent children, Medicaid, rent assistance, baby sitters and whatever else the government doles out to lazy people generation after generation.
I cut my electric bill tremendously. I put power strips on all the electronics. I shut them off at least over night and every time I leave the house for any length of time. I just flip the switches and it is a huge difference. You think your TV, computer and electronics are off? They are still running even though you turn them off. But if you plug them all into power strips and flip that switch off, then they are off and it will save you tremendously.
I live by Clippard School and I put bales of alfalfa and grains to keep the deer around. I love to see them romp around the neighborhood. I actually can pet some of them in the yard. God wanted the animals and people to live in peace and harmony. The people complaining about the deer eating their trees and bushes, put down a bale of hay and they'll love it and the deer won't eat the trees or bushes anymore. They'll eat the alfalfa bales that you put down.
I have a question for our city council. Are they for all citizens or are they just for the employees of Cape Girardeau? They need to give us a tax holiday. They have money to throw away on surveys and bicycle cartoon characters. The police and fire departments do not need to use city vehicles for personal use.
THE downtown market appears to be a glorified flea market being established on community-owned property. At least the current Thursday market is controllable because it is on private property.
THERE will be no need to build a new school in Jackson if this ridiculous 4, 3, 2, 1 grading system is not changed and parents' voices are not heard. Students will be transferring to private and parochial schools. Maybe they should be adding to their schools.
I would like to commend those people who are willing to run for school board. Sometimes a change is really needed.