- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape naval reserve center reports burglary
They don't know exactly when or how much was taken, but Naval Reserve Center officials have reported a money bag stolen from their offices at 2530 Maria Louise Lane in Cape Girardeau.
The burglary and stealing report was made to the Cape Girardeau Police Department at 8:20 a.m. Tuesday, said department spokesman Darin Hickey. The center's commander told police he had arrived at the center Monday and found that a money bag that contained an undetermined amount of money was missing.
The commander reported that the money was taken sometime after Jan. 8, but he wasn't sure exactly when because that was the last time anyone had checked. Hickey said no forced entry into the building was found and that no suspects have been taken into custody. The investigation is ongoing, Hickey said.
2530 Maria Louise Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO