- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Fieser - Hearnes
Dan and Mary Jane Fieser of Tilsit announce the engagement of their daughter, Hallie Anne Fieser, to David Eastman Hearnes, both of Knoxville, Tenn. He is the son of Jo Ann Hearnes of Cape Girardeau and Walter Hearnes of Elkton, Md.
Fieser is a 2005 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in historic preservation from Southeast Missouri State University in 2009, and a master's degree in public history from Middle Tennessee State University in 2011. She is an architectural historian with Cultural Resource Analysts Inc. in Knoxville, an archaeological and historic preservation consulting firm.
Hearnes is a 1996 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in historic preservation and a bachelor of arts degree in history from Southeast in 2011. He is a sales associate at Guitar Center in Knoxville.
An April 14 wedding is planned at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson.