- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Bethany Baptist Church to host convention director today
Dr. John Yeats, executive director of the Missouri Baptist Convention, will be leading Bethany Baptist Church at the 8:30 a.m. and the 11 a.m. services today. Yeats was elected with 92 percent of the vote by the MBC Executive Board on Oct. 13, and was officially installed during special ceremonies on the convention's Oct. 31 to Nov. 2 sessions at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, Mo. Messengers also approved a $14.5 million budget and passed resolutions praising the Missouri Legislature for passing several pro-life, pro-family bills in 2011.
St. Paul hosting rummage sale to benefit mission programs
St. Paul Lutheran Church, 223 W. Adams St. in Jackson, is hosting a rummage sale/fundraiser to support the church's mission outreach program. Donations will be received in the fellowship hall from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Volunteers are needed to help with the sale. The sale will run from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday. For more information, call Mary Winterhof at 243-5080.
Lynwood Church hosting a series on clarifying Christianity
Lynwood Church, 2935 Lynwood Hills Drive in Cape Girardeau, will host a series aimed at clarifying what real Christianity means. The series will start during the 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services today. The series will include topics like forgiveness of sin, experiencing true love and how to know God is with you. Everybody is welcome to attend the series. For more information, go to www.lynwoodbc.org.
St. Joseph Church is hosting breakfast and bake sale
St. Joseph Church Hall, 138 St. Joseph Lane in Perryville, Mo., is hosting a breakfast and bake sale from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Feb. 12. Adults are $7, children 5 to 12 are $3 and children younger than 5 are free.
Jackson Tribal and Jackson High councils host food drive
The Jackson Tribal Council and the Jackson High School Student Council will be conducting a canned food drive at the Jackson and New Madrid boys basketball game Feb. 10. All donations will be donated to the Jackson Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry.