- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mo. Senate passes health insurance measure
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Missouri senators have approved a measure that would require approval from lawmakers or voters before the state makes efforts to set up health insurance exchanges.
Health insurance exchanges allow consumers to shop online for health insurance. The federal health care law gives states until 2014 to establish their own exchanges or have one operated by the federal government.
Legislation approved by the Missouri Senate would bar Gov. Jay Nixon from creating an insurance exchange by executive order. The measure was approved 25-8 and now moves to the Missouri House.
If approved by the Legislature, the measure would go before voters in the November election.
Health insurance exchanges is SB464