- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Deborah J. "Debbie" Hill, 56, of Jacksonville, Fla., died Sunday, Jan. 22, 2012, at St. Luke's Hospital in Jacksonville.
She was born Sept. 23, 1955, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of J.E. and Mable Ehlers Shrum. She and John Hill were married Dec. 31, 1982, in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Debbie graduated from Trinity Lutheran Grade School, from Cape Girardeau Central High School in 1974, and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
She was employed at D.L. Harrison Construction in Cape Girardeau and Summit Contractors in Jacksonville.
Survivors include her husband, John W. Hill; two sons, John E. and Scott Hill of Jacksonville; and her parents, J.E. and Mable Shrum of Cape Girardeau.
The funeral was Jan. 27 at Eternity Funeral Home in Jacksonville.
She will be loved always.