SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - A Springfield hotel for homeless families will allow some residents who were displaced by a fire to move back in this week.
A Jan. 20 fire caused by an overloaded electrical cord at the Missouri Hotel forced 185 residents into temporary housing. Most lived at Cox North hospital and the Dayspring Worship Center since the fire.
Missouri Hotel's CEO Rorie Orgeron says work to repair the hotel has progressed to the point where some residents will be able to move back in early this week.
He says the rooms on the second-floor near where the fire began still need extensive repairs, so not everyone will be able to return to the hotel.
The Springfield News-Leader reports (http://sgfnow.co/zDv7hF) the community had donated nearly $20,000 to help residents and replace lost belongings.
Information from: Springfield News-Leader, http://www.news-leader.com