- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Rita A. Kiefer, 91, of Perryville died Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Perryville.
Rita was born Nov. 14, 1920, in Belgique, Mo., to John L'Hote and Lillian Steyns L'Hote.
She married Leroy Giesler on June 10, 1936. He passed away April 22, 1977.
Rita married Harvey "Tud" Kiefer on Dec. 27, 1982, and he preceded her death March 18, 2002.
Rita was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, the D of I, Ladies of Charity, Knights of Columbus Auxillary, Perry County Memorial Hospital Auxillary and the Confraternity of Christian Mothers at St. Mary's. She worked as a clerk.
Survivors include two sons, Donald Giesler of Perryville and Daryl Giesler of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a daughter, Janice Proctor of Perryville; 20 grandchildren; 18 step-grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren and eight great-great-grandchildren.
Rita was preceded in death by two husbands, two grandchildren, two brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday. The rosary will be recited at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in St. Mary, Mo.
Memorials can be made to Masses, the Ladies of Charity or the American Diabetes Foundation.