- Andrew Jackson bridal shop under new ownership (12/31/12)
- Ameren Missouri seeks new transmission line (12/24/12)
- Perryville company behind Kentucky distillery (12/17/12)
- Regional unemployment down, retail sales holding (12/10/12)
- Realtors glad to see rebound in home sales (12/03/12)
- United Way campaign jumps off to strong start (11/26/12)
- Join in to share Black Friday shopping stories (11/19/12)
Razing Cain restaurant to open in Mollie's old location
A new fine dining restaurant is slated to open next month in the former Mollie's location at 11 S. Spanish St. in downtown Cape Girardeau.
Razing Cain, featuring Cape Girardeau chef James Cain, will be operated by the Broadway Esquire Entertainment Group LLC. Company president John Buckner said the new restaurant and bar will feature American cuisine with the influences of French, Italian and Mediterranean cooking styles.
The menu will feature fresh quality ingredients based upon what is in season, he said. Razing Cain will also feature a weekly Sunday brunch.
Cain has been hired as the executive chef. Cain was raised working in the restaurant business with his father, Doc Cain, owner of Port Cape Girardeau.
James Cain attended The International Culinary School at the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago. He formerly operated a fine dining restaurant, Cain, in downtown Cape Girardeau.
Razing Cain will be open from 11 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays. According to a business license application filed at Cape Girardeau City Hall, the restaurant plans to open on Feb. 20. For updates, visit Razing Cain Restaurant & Bar's page on Facebook.
* The Rhodes Group and Banterra Bank will host a groundbreaking celebration for the Banterra Centre at 1650 North Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau, next to Plaza Tire, at 1 p.m. Tuesday. The new Banterra Centre will include more than 25,000 square feet of space available for lease. For leasing information people may call Scott Rhodes at 573-339-1300. With over $1 billion in assets Banterra Bank is the region's largest locally owned financial institution serving Southeast Missouri, Southwestern Indiana, Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky with 29 banking locations in addition to Banterra Insurance and Investments.
* Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP) is seeking nominations for its annual Silver Medal award. The award, which honors an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the advertising and marketing professions, as well as his or her local community, will be announced at the organization's annual ADDY awards banquet Feb. 24. Nominations must be received by Friday. The nomination form is available at www.tristateamp.com/silvermedal and must be mailed to Tri-State AMP at P.O. Box 541, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702-0541 or emailed to email@example.com. Past Silver Medal recipients include "Cousin Carl" Anderson of KWKZ, Mike Tenholder of The ImageMaker, Gary Rust of Rust Communications, Charles and Judy Wiles of Southeast Missouri State University, Wes Wade formerly of Horizon Screen Printing, Jim Riley of Red Letter Communications and Brian Young of River Radio.
* The following local businesses launched new websites this month, with assistance from Element 74 in Cape Girardeau:
* Belladona Salon & Spa's new website is www.belladonasalonspa.com. Belladona Salon & Spa is a family-owned spa with two locations in Cape Girardeau. Their new website features details on all of the services available at both locations, as well as the opportunity to request an appointment online. Gift cards are also available for purchase through the website.
* Fox Family Dental's new website is www.foxfamilydental.com. Dr. Bob Fox and Dr. Jim Fox at Fox Family Dental have been in business in the Cape Girardeau area for more than 30 years. The new website includes reminders to brush and floss, detailed information on in-office dental procedures and options to pay bills or request appointments online.
* Residential Psychiatric Services's new website can be found at www.respsych.com. Residential Psychiatric Services provides a broad range of counseling services throughout 24 counties in Missouri. The staff includes licensed and trained mental health clinicians who also specialize in providing care to residential care facilities, nursing homes, and independent supportive living, group homes and vocational agencies.
* Stork Landscaping's new website is at www.storklandscaping.com. Stork Landscaping is a commercial and residential landscape contracting company serving the Cape Girardeau County area. The new website includes photo galleries and testimonials.