- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Charles E. "Eddie" Austin, 76, of Mounds passed away Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012, at his home.
He was born Jan. 10, 1936, in Mounds, son of Charles Harold and Lora Watson Austin Jr.
Eddie was a former member of Mounds Congregational Church, where he served as secretary and treasurer, former board member and trustee of the church; attended Villa Ridge Union Church; was a member and served as secretary and treasurer of Mounds Lions Club; past president of Mounds Lions Club; was a former member of Mounds Fire Department, where he was secretary and treasurer many years. Eddie was a retired carpenter and a member of Mounds Smiles 1 Center.
He served in the National Guard.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Survivors include a son, David C. Austin of Grand Chain, Ill.; a daughter, Dawn Austin of Scott City; a sister, Judith Dale of Marion, Ill.; his former wife, Wanda Austin of Scott City; three grandchildren, Melissa (Elvis) Little, Elizabeth Austin (Larry Skaggs), and Nathan Austin; two great-grandchildren, Connor Austin and Eli Little; other relatives, nieces, nephews and friends.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, where a rose honorarium service will begin the service by members of the Lions Club of Mounds. The Rev. Larry Buckles will officiate. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge.
Memorials may be made to Mounds Lions Club, Villa Ridge Union Church or Mounds Smiles 1 Center, in memory of Eddie Austin.