- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Montgomery - Murphy
Holly Louise Montgomery and Ryan William Murphy were married Oct. 8, 2011, at The Ruins in Tower Grove Park in St. Louis. Bishop Fred Sansone performed the ceremony. Music was by Landolfi Strings.
The bride is the daughter of Malcolm and Patty Montgomery of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Keith and Mary Murphy of Auburn, N.Y.
Maid of honor was Lynne Obermiller. Bridesmaids were Allison Montgomery, sister of the bride; Lindsay Blaisdell, sister of the groom; Nicole Passini, Lauren Haefner, Sarah Monahan, Marcia McNeill, Kate Allen and Chelsea Obinegbo.
Jordan Murphy, brother of the groom, and Ryan Delaney were best men. Groomsmen were Sam Montgomery, brother of the bride; Timmie Blaisdell, brother-in-law of the groom; Earl Budlong, cousin of the groom; James Murray, Peter Slywka, Michael DiNuzzo and Christopher Bellapianta.
Flower girls were Claire Elden, cousin of the bride, and Riha Obinegbo. Ringbearer was Bryce Blaisdell, nephew of the groom.
An outdoor reception was held at the Piper Palm House.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 7 on the Becky Thatcher Riverboat.
Mrs. Murphy is a graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School and the University of Missouri-Columbia. She is a senior account executive at Yume Inc.
The groom is a graduate of Union Springs High School and Ithaca College. He is an artists and repertoire manager with Capitol Records.
After a wedding trip to Anguilla and St. Maarten, the couple is residing in Brooklyn, N.Y.