- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
James E. Ross, 76, of Jackson passed away Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012, at the home of a son in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 20, 1935, in Cape Girardeau, son of Thomas Dewey and Mary Dora Sample Ross. He and Teddy "Joyce" Hughes were married July 4, 1961. She passed away Feb. 7, 2011.
Jim was a graduate of Jackson High School.
He served honorably in the U.S. Army from Oct. 14, 1958, to Sept. 13, 1960.
Ross worked for ABF Freight System 31 years, retiring Dec. 31, 1998. He was a member of Grace Fellowship Family Worship Center, its advisory board and Teamsters Local 600 in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include four children, Mike (Rhonda) Ross of Jackson, Randy (Penny) Ross of Fruitland, Tony (Cheryle) Ross of Cape Girardeau and Darren (Beverly) Ross of Stevensville, Mich.; a brother, Charles (LaVern) Ross of Jackson; a sister, Marie Claye of Michigan; 13 grandchildren, Rhiannon (Ryan) Davie, Samantha (Bruce) Savat, Kia Ross, Sierra Ross, Joseph Lambert, Tanya (Jared) Wages, Nikki Ross, Robbie Ross, Blake Ross, Nathan Ross, Zachary Ross, Kayla Scheurer and Megan Scheurer; and seven great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Michael Sowers officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau with full military honors.
Memorials may be made to Grace Fellowship Worship Center Building Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.