- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Georgia L. Meatheany, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012, at her home.
She was born April 23, 1925, in Holiday, Tenn., to John Howard and Florida R. Flowers. She and Addie John Meatheany were married May 13, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill. He died in 1983.
Meatheany attended Cape First Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara Ann Meatheany of Cape Girardeau; a son, Lawrence Edward Meatheany of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a brother, Burlin Flowers of Columbus, Ohio; a sister, Lena Cannon of Donelson, Tenn.; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by parents, husband, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Lance officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Alzheimer's Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.