- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lelah Lavern Schrader Harty, 83, of Advance passed away Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012, at her home.
She was born Aug. 5, 1928, at Zalma, Mo., daughter of Vernie Simmers and Ella Grace Limbaugh. Lavern and August Z. Schrader were married June 2, 1948, in Piggott, Ark. He preceded her in death June 11, 1977. She married Paul Harty on Dec. 10, 1977, at Bloomfield, Mo. He preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1998.
Lavern retired as a technician at Superior Electric. She was a member of Zalma General Baptist Church.
Survivors include four sons, Randy (Linda) Schrader of Advance, Mike (Vickie) Schrader of Zalma, Stan (Angela) Schrader of Puxico, Mo., and Jeff (Lissa) Schrader of Sturdivant, Mo.; three stepsons, Paul (Carol) Harty Jr. of Fayetteville, N.C., Gordon (Pam) Harty of St. Peters, Mo., and Gary (Kathleen) Harty of Easton, Pa.; five stepdaughters, Eileen (Gary) Lafary of Bushnell, Ill., Phyllis (Owen) McGuire of Winchester, Ind., Paulette (Lyle) Johnston of Prescott Valley, Ariz., Mary (Ron) Holdiness of Jackson and Ramona Harty of Cape Girardeau; 17 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; 28 stepgrandchildren; 34 great-stepgrandchildren; two great-great-stepgrandchildren; and a sister, Geraldine Evans of Bloomfield.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands; a daughter, Valerie Mayberry; a son, David Schrader; a stepson, Jack Harty; a brother, Fred Simmers; and a daughter-in-law, Rose Schrader.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Keith Price officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.