- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Betty Ruth Wagner, 81, of Springfield, Ill., formerly of Jackson, died Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, at Capitol Care Center in Springfield.
She was born May 28, 1930, in Chattanooga, Tenn., to James Franklin and Floey Roena Johnson McKinney. Betty married Roland C. Wagner on Oct. 2, 1948. He died Dec. 31, 2003.
Betty graduated from Redbank High School. She was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cape Girardeau. She was a secretary for Dr. Perry Roberts in Cape Girardeau more than 20 years.
She is survived by a son, Kevin (Patricia) Wagner of Springfield; three grandchildren, Galadriel, Lyssa and Amberle Wagner.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with stake president Bruce Schoen officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.