- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Comfort Cooper, 99, of Millersville passed away Sunday, Jan. 22, 2012, at her home.
She was born March 1, 1912, at Zalma, Mo., to Emanuel and Ada Eaker Gaither. She and Hadley Herbert Cooper were married in March 1936. He preceded her in death in October 1984.
Cooper was a devout Christian and lived her life accordingly.
Survivors include five children, Eloise (Don) Reeves of Sealy, Texas, Lloyd (Linda) Cooper of Dayton, Ohio, Terry Cooper of Millersville, Sharon Jackson of Paragould, Ark., and Shannon (Angela) Cooper of San Antonio, Texas; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; a brother, Lester (Rosalie) Gaither of Kirkwood, Mo.; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to service time Wednesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo.
A celebration of life service will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. A reception will follow.
Interment is at 10 a.m. Thursday in Bollinger County Memorial Park near Marble Hill.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors' Park, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, Haynes Chapel Church WMS, c/o Ruby Stroder, 2334 State Highway UU, Millersville, MO 63766 or charity of choice.