- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Farrell "Bud" Wiggins, 90, of Advance, Mo., was born Sept. 30, 1921, at Advance, the son of John Corbin and Carrie Ester Goodman Wiggins, and passed away Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, in the arms of his loving wife.
Bud retired from Advance High School where he had been the business teacher. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Advance for 73 years. He was also a deacon.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving in World War II; he was a lieutenant junior grade. He served aboard the destroyer USS Swanson.
He was a loving son, brother, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Bud and Mildred Juanita Robertson were united in marriage June 12, 1954, at the First Baptist Church in Advance, and she survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons and daughters-in-law, John C. and Debbie Wiggins of Jackson, Tony D. and Margaret Wiggins of Cape Girardeau; two daughters and sons-in-law, Tammy and David Beck of Scott City, Cindy and Paul Gilliland of Advance; two sisters, June Wiggins Ferrier of Advance, Rosemary Wiggins Rachel of Akron, Ohio; seven grandchildren, Matthew Wiggins, Amanda Wiggins, Jon Beck, Andy Beck, Tori Gilliland, Curtis Gilliland, Madalyn Wiggins; and two great-grandchildren, Dale Corbin Wiggins and Blake Austin Landing.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Martha Lou Wiggins Mitchell.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will follow at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance with full military rites.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the First Baptist Church of Advance.