- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Ruth Stuckey, 76, of Ponder, Texas, formerly of the Benton area, died Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012, at her home.
She was born June 24, 1935, in Blodgett, Mo., to Dennis and Estella Strayhorn James. She married James Stuckey on Dec. 29, 1954, in Benton.
Ruth owned and operated a fabric store in Claremore, Okla. She was of the Baptist belief.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Debbi and Connie; a sister, Margaret; three grandchildren, Stephanie, Adam and Jimmy; and two great-grandchildren, Preston and Bennet.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery Chapel in Bloomfield, with the Rev. Thomas Bass officiating. Burial will follow.