- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast Missouri State men's basketball player Powell recognized by website
College Sports Madness selected Southeast Missouri State senior forward Leon Powell as its Ohio Valley Conference player of the week on Monday.
College Sports Madness, a website that covers college sports extensively, identifies the highest impact players nationally and one from each conference on a weekly basis.
Powell averaged 14 points and 9.5 rebounds as Southeast notched two wins last week.
Powell scored 13 points while adding team highs of seven rebounds and three blocks in Thursday's 85-68 win over SIU Edwardsville. He recorded his team-leading fourth double-double of the season with 15 points and 12 rebounds in Saturday's 80-73 victory over Eastern Illinois.
Southeast (10-8, 5-1), which is second in the OVC, visits Tennessee Tech on Saturday.
-- From staff reports