- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rams will introduce Fisher today
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams have scheduled a news conference to introduce Jeff Fisher as their new coach, having finalized contract details.
The announcement for noon today came amid reports Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has agreed to join Fisher's staff in the same role.
Though the Rams had not confirmed the hire, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma tweeted "Gregg williams is a great coach, I wish him luck in st Louis."
A team spokesman said Fisher would discuss his staff at the news conference,
Williams was in the final year of his contract and became available after the Saints' 36-32 playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday.
The Rams on Friday agreed to a deal with Fisher, who sat out last season after 17 years with the Titans. Fisher was the top coaching candidate this offseason and picked St. Louis, 2-14 last year and with only 15 wins the last five years, over Miami.
Fisher and Williams, both 53, were together in Tennessee from 1994 to 2000.
St. Louis has the second pick in the draft, and is picking first or second for the fourth time in five years. Fisher replaces Steve Spagnuolo, who was 10-38 in three seasons, and the Rams also are seeking a general manager to replace Billy Devaney.