- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Twin son and daughter to Cmdr. Kent and Margene Tranter of Aiea, Hawaii, Kapi'olani Women's and Children's Medical Center in Honolulu, Friday, Nov. 18, 2011. Sawyer Everett was born at 3:48 p.m. and weighed 4 pounds, 14 ounces. Sadie Ella was born at 3:51 p.m. and weighed 5 pounds, 1 ounce. Second son and first daughter. Mrs. Tranter is the former Margene Hill, daughter of James and Carole Hill of Millersville, Md. She is a physicians assistant. Tranter is the son of Wes and Babs Tranter of Jackson. He is in the U.S. Navy assigned to Special Operations Command-Pacific in Aiea.
Twin daughters to Derek Todd and Celsey Ann Cook of Marble Hill, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012. Caroline Ann was born at 5:43 p.m. and weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces. Cailyn Lauren-Jo was born at 5:44 p.m. and weighed 5 pounds, 14 ounces. Mrs. Cook is the former Celsey Cook, daughter of Jason Cook and Christina Cook of Marble Hill. She is a student at Southeast Missouri State University. Cook is the son of Todd Cook of Marble Hill and Jeanette Magarian of Dexter, Mo. He is employed at Fisher's Auto Parts.
Son to Benjamin Samuel and Emily Marie Johnson of Jackson, Saint Francis Medical Center, 5:48 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012. Name, Parker Samuel. Weight, 7 pounds, 15 ounces. First child. Mrs. Johnson is the former Emily Kelley, daughter of Vincent and Jan Kelley of Cape Girardeau. She is a registered nurse at Saint Francis. Johnson is the son of Sam Johnson of Benton, Mo., and Susan Brunke of Jackson. He is a construction worker with Nip Kelley Equipment Co. Inc.
Son to Dr. Andrew Cooper and Amy Trueblood of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 8:26 a.m. Friday, Jan. 6, 2012. Name, Thomas Hillman. Weight, 8 pounds. Second son. Mrs. Trueblood is the former Amy Kobelski, daughter of John and Jane Ann Kobelski of Virginia Beach, Va. She is an attorney with United States District Court. Trueblood is the son of Dr. Michael and Mary Trueblood of Cape Girardeau. He is a hand surgeon with Advanced Orthopedic Specialists.
Daughter to Kaed Lee and Brandi Rae Horrell of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 1:50 p.m. Friday, Jan. 6, 2012. Name, Adeline Jane. Weight, 8 pounds, 15 ounces. Fourth child, third daughter. Mrs. Horrell is the former Brandi Dannenmueller, daughter of Jerome Dannenmueller of Scott City, and the late Martha Dannenmueller. She is employed at Saint Francis. Horrell is the son of Nancy Horrell of Cape Girardeau, and the late Norman Horrell. He is employed by Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.